When the voice and the vision on the inside becomes more profound,clear and loud than the opinions on the outside,you have mastered your life

Sunday, February 28, 2021

Home grown Amitabh

 After a long days work, I return home and plonk myself on the sofa. Hubby dear brings me a hot cup of tea and settles down on the sofa too. Even as i snuggle into the sofa comfortably , sipping the hot adrak chai, hubby switches on the television. The surfing stops at Agneepath, the 1990 blockbuster.

I stared mindlessly at the screen , hoping that it would change in may be a fee minutes.

Suddenly I could hear the dialogues beside me and almost like a forward time lapse. 

Hubby was totally into the movie , mouthing not just the dialogues of his idol, AB, but of every character in the movie. Back ground music played twice! First on the sofa and then on the TV. 

Yeh humara family ka bachha hain , shouted Hubby! Haan I said..looking at my son...aur kiska hain.

Yeh humara family ka bachha hain, says  Mithuns character exactly three seconds later... Oh woh family and woh baccha.

The next hour was a roller coaster. Not because of the cinematic excellence of the movie, but due to the hilarious rendition of Agneepath, Agneepath, lathpath, lathpath...dialogue by dialogue ( with own ones for additional impact) by Hubby dearest.

Even as the movie ended, I wound up the day wondering if Mukul Anand amd his team would ever have imagined that this movie could make people laugh, even more than any Golmaal or Herapheri! 


No comments: